Literally sculpted from the earth of the Biscayne Bay, Fisher Island has made up some of South Florida’s most coveted real estate since it was first developed as a southern retreat for the Vanderbilt family in the mid 1920s. On the south side of the island, residents are treated to scenic views of Key Virginia Park and the Bay of Biscayne. Just across the bay to the north lies Miami Beach, and to the west, greater Miami. To the east there is nothing but ocean straight into the horizon. All of this is, of course, framed in Florida’s lushest tropical vistas, vast, open expanses of clear blue water, and a profusion of the country’s favorite resort destinations.
Since the 1980’s Fisher Island has been an affluent resort community, built in the classic Mediterranean style. Over 750 residences spread through twenty-one buildings cater to a privileged clientele of vacationers and shareholders. The permanent population of Fisher Island is little over 200, but occupancy peaks at around 2000 in the summer months as the Island’s luxurious accommodations greet happy guests. The community gracefully balances seclusion with access. Reachable by boat or ferry, residents soon come to appreciate the convenience to the upscale shopping, dining and nightlife of Miami Beach and greater Miami, as well as the picturesque vistas of Biscayne Bay and the Florida Keys.
Guests and residents alike are privy to a palatial atmosphere and host of high-class amenities including a world-class spa, par 35 Championship Golf Course, several top-notch restaurants, a fully stocked gourmet marketplace and more. Island goers are also able to experience the original Vanderbilt mansion, now rebuilt as the Fisher Island Hotel and Resort. For nearly a century, Fisher Island has not failed to amaze and lavish its occupants with a lifestyle unattainable anywhere else.
Fisher Island Amenities
- Newly renovated Spa Internazionale, a full service health and wellness facility making up over 25,000 square feet.
- Beautiful, secluded Ocean-front white-sand beach with towel service, and overlooking restaurants and bars.
- Opulent Town Square featuring florist, gourmet market, bank, boutique shops, and several dining opportunities.
- Two Deep Water marinas capable of accommodating up to 131 vessels and vessels up to 250 feet in length.
- Scenic inland lakes inhabited by flamingos, peacocks, and parrots imported from around the world.
- Primary Education at the accredited Fisher Island Day School, top-ranked academically in the area and offering the FIDS curriculum.
- Flourishing community gardens and impeccably manicured tropical palms.
- Par 35 Championship Golf Course by P.B. Dye and luxurious freshly renovated club-house encompassing 10,000 square feet.
- 18 lighted tennis courts at a facility top-ranked by Tennis magazine, including hard, grass, and clay turf.
- 24 hour local security and fire protection service for all residents and guests and absentee property management service available to residents.
- Golf-cart included with unit for each homeowner.
- World-Class Accommodations at the renowned Fisher Island Hotel and Resort.
- A host of Community Events and Activities including, but not limited to, sports tournaments, private parties, cultural festivals, and activities designed for children and families.
- Fisher Island Club members benefit from reciprocal country club access on a worldwide basis.
|Visit Building||Address||Year Built||Minimum Price||Unit||Views|
|Bayside Village||2011-2543 Fisher Island Drive||1986-1988||$1,300,000||104||Oceanfront|
|Bayview Village||4811-5391 Fisher Island Drive||1992||$1,790,000||111||Oceanfront|
|Harborview||4411-4731 Fisher Island Drive||1989||$2,250,000||20||Oceanfront|
|Marina Village||40101-40311 Fisher Island Drive||1990||$170,000||108||Bayfront|
|Oceanside||7400-8061 Fisher Island Drive||1989-1992||$2,950,000||134||Oceanfront|
|Palazzo del Mare||7111-7193 Fisher Island Drive||2008||$4,750,000||32||Oceanfront|
|Seaside Village||19111-19253 Fisher Island Drive||1989||$750,000||54||Oceanfront|
|Seaside Villas||15111-15923 Fisher Island Drive||1988||$619,000||48||Oceanfront|
|Villa del Mare||7201-7292 Fisher Island Drive||1992||$3,900,000||36||Oceanfront|